Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stuck in a moment, and you can't get out of it


I'm house sitting for my dad and stepmom this weekend out in Fountain Hills. I'm sitting here in my jammies, picking the m&m's out of my trail mix. Michael Buble is serenading me in the background. What a night! If dogs could dance then I would be twirling around with Lady, my dad's rottie. Instead I'm just swaying back and forth trying to think of something important to tell you but I just can't come up with much. I will say this though, I have morphed into this old lady all of a sudden! I recently came upon my 21 st birthday and have found myself at home reading on a Saturday night. (this was last weekend) The worst part? I turned down several parties for a night of non-fiction! I just haven't had the desire to join in all of the meat market fiasco. I am not going to meet Mr. Special at a "Neon dance party", no thank you. The last time I went to one of those things, I wound up dancing with a mesh shirt boy who used the title Personal Trainer in place of his actual name. Impressed? Hardly. I'm not saying you have to be completely witty and intelligent, but please try to be somewhat humble. Hold on a sec (getting a drink).....................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................................................

(5 mins later) Ok, here we are again. MR. Buble left for a while, and Mr. Brickman filled in. I needed some wordless songs to help my mind stay focused. (I have the one track mind syndrome) Those m&m's sure made my tummy hurt. I guess I could just buy bags of actual M&M's instead but they wouldn't have the salt all over them. Thus, not as delicious and satisfying. Oh boy! I am not very interesting this evening and I apologize. I just wanted to give you the Elyse update which is....absolutely nothing! I'm healthy, content, and excited for the weekend.



And for the last word, here's a blurb from U2's "Stuck in the moment"

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along this stony pass
It's just a moment
This time will pass

1 comment:

Dave & Elyse Hyatt said...

haha, it's the raisins i pick out of the trail mix! except i throw em to the birds or in the poubelle (trash) :D

"just because i'm losing, doesn't mean i'm lost. doesn't mean i'll stop" -coldplay, 'lost'